Friday, July 31, 2009

Full Moon Kindled In Lustrous Sterling

moon over mountain

Image by zen via Flickr

Dreaming of visions that inspire clear thought and reward serenity, complete and soulful.   Guides my mind  to a small mountain creek, flowing softly, nearly silent, over stones polished by natures tumbler.  Colors, that take the breath, captivate the spirit… shining through the iridescent water.  Water so fresh, cold, and clear.  A scent, flawless, sweet, and crisp, emanates from the darkened indigo flow.

I stroll along the creek bank, through bountiful, verdant, grasses, edging along tall willows.  Alabaster capped mountains, towering and majestic, encompass my view.  The setting sun timidly absconds to seek refuge behind craggy peaks. Serrate mountain ranges, painted in amethyst, terra, and crimson colors so vibrant and alluring.  The horizon intensified by fiery clouds, reflecting the suns radiance, slowly gives way to the lustrous sterling of an evenings full moon.

Darkness of night, pushed aside and left abandoned by the moons silvery-pearl glow.  Illuminating my trek to a small stand of aspen trees, alive and supernal, beside a quiet, motionless beaver pond.  A forest of soaring lodge pole pine, gives off the light, unadulterated, scent of pine from nearby.  Shadows, graceful and  lumbering,  cast off and forgotten, my silent companions  for the evenings beauty.

Wishes, whispered on the wind, somewhere far away, gently rustle the leaves of aspen and willow.  If you listen carefully, with your soul and spirit, not your ears, you can hear them. Wishes,  Innocent, sweet, and humble, that sing out their plaintive song.  A melody of beauty, love, and hope, to calm the restless spirit… give pause to a troubled soul.

The grandeur of a resplendent moon, reflected on the surface of the water, complete with it’s slate craters.  The face of a compassionate night sky, welcoming all and giving comfort to tired spirits of daylights torment and struggle.   Softly, the nocturnal activities of a resident beaver, sends ripples across the surface, bending and contorting the vision.  Humbling to me… even the eminence of this celestial master is manipulated by the innocent intentions of a peaceful mountain citizen. 

Serenity resides in this vision of nighttime mountain solitude.  Rewarding my dreams, and stimulating my creativity.  These are the moments I live for, lust for, and would happily spend the rest of my life searching for.


Authors Note:


The Artist Challenge is premiering Challenge 14 - Moon River, August 1, 2009.  As an undeserving member of that group of unbelievably talented people, this piece is done toArtist Challenge commemorate and promote their work.  Please visit the challenge, browse and enjoy the works displayed there.  I did submit a poem for the challenge, it will be displayed with their wondrous art work.   I’ll also publish it on my other site, Ruminations of a Small Town Mountain Boy.

Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

redchair said...

Oh My Dear God! This is SO beautiful. (Leave your wife! I want to marry you!)

And you are so wrong- You are a star member of The Artist Challenge and I am so grateful to you. Thank you my friend.
Vikki

Eric S. said...

LOL, Vikki, your are too funny. You know I'm too old fashioned to leave my wife. Thank you so much for the compliments. I'll try not to let my hat get too tight.

Jena Isle said...

Eric, you're brilliant! I so loved the vivid descriptions.

We're on the last leg of the Emerging Influential Blogs' Contest that's why we could not blog hop as often as we should. We'll be descending on your blogs after August 8,,,lol

Eric S. said...

Thanks Jena, I try to describe what is in my minds eye.

Ohh, I sure hope Roy gets or Jan Geronimo get it. Good luck to all.

Kel said...

Whew, that's some heavy lifting Bro, but you make it seem so effortless.

Eric S. said...

Heavy lifting? I'm not sure I get what you mean. LOL

tashabud said...

Ooh, you really were in your best creative moment when you wrote this piece. The state of your mind and spirits at that moment is very palpable as I read this post.

Excellente! Excellente!

Tasha

Eric S. said...

Thanks Tasha,

Hey I still need to get over to check your revision. Haven't forgotten it, I've just been super busy.

Thanks for the nice comment. I was in a great place at the time I wrote this. At least mentally.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin